If reading a graphic novelized version of an un-produced screenplay by Jim Henson doesn’t automatically spark your interest without even knowing what it’s about, then… well that’s just nuts, because it should!
From the Muppet Wiki:
Tale of Sand is a dark existential screenplay originally written in 1967 by Jim Henson and Jerry Juhl. Henson came up with the idea in the mid to late 1950s and worked with Juhl in scripting the feature-length screenplay throughout the late ’60s and early ’70s. Due to the scope and strangeness of the screenplay, Henson was never able to produce it as a film.
The protagonist of Tale of Sand is a young man named Mac who is involved in a race across an expansive desert with only a rucksack full of odds-and-ends to his name. Meanwhile, he is being chased by a mysterious eyepatched man known as “Patch”.
This book is bizarre and super clever, as you would expect, with some real laugh out loud moments. It’s also a visual masterpiece, illustrated by Ramon K. Perez. With very little dialogue, it’s his art that makes the story possible.
I recommend it!
- patrick-minus-rick reblogged this from comicbooksawesome
- catsmom likes this
- catsmom reblogged this from skippythewonderchicken
- skippythewonderchicken reblogged this from comicbooksawesome
- negamegantron reblogged this from skippythewonderchicken
- unwordinglanguage likes this
- fuckyeahassortedstuff reblogged this from comicbooksawesome and added:
- fuckyeahassortedstuff likes this
- dickpuns reblogged this from comicbooksawesome
- dickpuns likes this
- inkdownpour likes this
- okayla likes this
- hildebabble likes this
- psuedofolio likes this
- awyeahlongbox likes this
- whatthefawxblogs reblogged this from fyeahlilbit3point0
- captainswank likes this
- duncanpr reblogged this from fyeahlilbit3point0 and added:
- severalbadpunslater likes this
- chumphumper likes this
- fyeahlilbit3point0 reblogged this from comicbooksawesome
- fyeahlilbit3point0 likes this
- comicbooksawesome posted this